If you tried downloading a GolfSoftware.com product
using Internet Explorer 9, you may have encountered messages that are
slightly disconcerting such as...
_______ "is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer."
This message comes from Microsoft Internet Explorer's "SmartScreen Filter" and can be ignored in the case of GolfSoftware.com products. The SmartScreen Filter web page says in part,
"When you download a program from the Internet, SmartScreen Filter will check the program against a list of programs that are downloaded by a significant number of other Internet Explorer users and a list of programs that are known to be unsafe. If the program you're downloading isn't on either list, SmartScreen Filter will display a warning that the file isn't "commonly downloaded." It doesn't necessarily mean the website is fraudulent or that the program is malware, but you probably shouldn't download or install the program unless you trust the website and the publisher."
Your can trust software from GolfSoftware.com. We've been in business since 1988 and wouldn't jeopardize our business or your computer by providing software that is a security risk.
Here are your steps to install the software:
- After you click on the download link, you may see at the very bottom of your Internet Explorer window the following:
- When asked to "Run" or "Save," click on "Run" if you have that option.
- Next you will see a red box with the "not commonly downloaded" warning mentioned above:
- Click on the "Actions" button on this red-bar warning box.
- Now you will see the following SmartScreen Filter window. Click on the "More Options" link circled.
- You will next see additional options. Click on the "Run anyway" link.
- At this point you should see in a short time the "Installation Wizard" window come up on your screen. Follow the instructions to install the software.